Saturday, October 17, 2009

You make me feel all warm inside.

Some things are too good to keep to yourself. Please accept this, my some-what public apology, for keeping one of the best cold-weather treats to myself for the last 22 years. You may squirm at the description of the following, but please, don't knock it til you try it. It's a warm, delicious, calorie-filled comfort snack that no home should be without this season and I'm pretty sure my dad invented it. Of course, I thought my mom wrote the lullaby she sang to me at night for a good 18 years before I heard some other kid singing it at college. That was painful. Regardless... all you need to warm your bones and add a little extra insulation is a handful of Graham crackers, butter and hot chocolate. The butter is to be spread on the cracker, the cracker to be dipped in the cocoa. But be warned, this dipping requires some practice. Lingering too long will result in a broken cracker - for this reason, may I suggest that a spoon be kept on hand for the beginners. I've just finished my first graham-hot cocoa delight of the fall, and assure you there will be more to come. Some complementary tasty-treat activities that pair well with the delicacy include, but are not limited to: Letter writing, old movie watching, Etsy shopping.




1 comment:

  1. Hilarious, Lily. I will definitely try this with a spoon in hand!--Alice

    ReplyDelete